Friday, March 8, 2019

A New Start

Hello Lovely Readers!

It's March and I've decided it's time to really push my writing muscles again. That includes getting this blog up and running again!

So while I've been gone, several things have happened: I've graduated with my English Ed degree, I've gotten a job as a tutor with a company that is really great (I teach reading, writing, math, and offer homework help), and I've been writing lots of fanfiction!  (If you feel like checking it out, just look up birdgirl90 on Archive of Our Own and you can read it! Most of it is either Metal Gear Solid - from several years ago - or Marvel, which is what I'm currently working on.) 

I also got a dog and am trying to train her to be a psychiatric service dog to help me with my anxiety and bipolar.  So far, it's slow going but I have hope. I don't fully agree with my dog trainer's tactics all the time - she's pretty hands on and a little aggressive at times - but I am hoping it's going to be okay. Worst case scenario, she stays an emotional support animal.

I'm taking on a new project this month: Camp NaNoWriMo. It starts in April - the wave I'm doing with friends - and I am very excited.  My plan is to outline and flesh out characters this month so that I'm ready to go for next month.  I've always tried to do NaNoWriMo but I always get distracted two weeks in with all the holidays and stuff.  I'm hoping this time to stick with it!  The beauty is that I get to pick my word count. I think I'm going to aim for 30,000 words.

Everything else is going pretty well in my world. Knitting projects have been started and finished, though I have several ones to still finish - including a blanket, a shawl, another shawl, and several pairs of socks, and some handwarmers.  I'm starting to really read books again, which is kind of exciting. I've also been doing a lot of coloring; mandala coloring books are my favorite, done in Sharpie.

My main goals right now are to keep being awesome at work, keep working with my dog, and to keep writing again. I want to get back to updating this blog on a weekly basis, so possibly every Friday, though I might try to do bi weekly on Sundays and Fridays.  It depends. 

Thank you for still being with me, dear Readers.  Here's to new starts!

~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment