Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How I Come Up With a Post

I usually come up with ideas to write/blog about while I'm in the shower.

Or getting dressed.

Between lathering shampoo and brushing my teeth, something I've been thinking about for a while hits me again.  But this time, I start an inner monologue, very similar to J.D.'s from Scrubs.

I tear the idea apart and figure out why I feel the way I do, where to go from that idea, and what kind of wording I want.  Most of the time, it's pretty awesome, actually.

Sometimes, the same thing happens while I'm doing the dishes.  It's amazing how finding a rhythm in doing something you've done a million or more times makes ideas known to you.

So where are these amazing blog posts?

Well, sometimes I do manage to get them to my PC.

But the truth is, I leave the bathroom or leave the kitchen, someone asks me a question, and it all runs out my ears like lake water.

I'm thinking I need to start carrying a notebook with me to the bathroom.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment