Thursday, June 20, 2013

Change in Plans

So, this was supposed to be a totally awesome week.

It started off well.  Pool time and work and VBS training for next week.  Then boyfriend and I were supposed to go to our mutual friend's house to help her out after she has nose surgery on Wed.  The plan was to hang out for a few days, helping wherever needed, enjoying company and whatnot.

Tuesday night, something awful happened.

I threw up.

I thought maybe I just hadn't had enough water.  That's happened with me before.  And this 5K training makes me drink more than I usually do.  I hoped that maybe I'd just throw up the once and be fine.

Nope.

I began at 9pm and by 2am, I was still throwing up.

I couldn't even keep water down.

So we packed up the car and went to the ER.  The ER is one of those places I keep telling myself I'm going to stop going to.  It's been over two years since I was sick enough to go to one, but still.

I'd really rather not be there.

We were there from 2:30 am til 6 am Wed morning.  They gave me anti-nausea meds and an IV, then sent me on my way with a prescription for more meds and the order to sleep and go easy on foods and liquids.

Stupid stomach bug.

So boyfriend went to our friend's house to help her while I've been at home recovering.

(I never want to throw up ever, ever again.)

The anti-vomiting pills are awesome.  I've been keeping stuff down alright and tonight I was able to eat an actual meal for the first time in like two days.

So yeah.

Stuff's going around, peeps.  Watch yourselves.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment