Friday, October 4, 2013

Science Fiction, Double Feature

I got the tickets, I got the tickets!

Okay.  Backstory time, readers.

But first: the song the title is from to get you in the mood.

Much better. :)

October is an awesome month.  I love, love, LOVE October.

Fall is great.  October is the peak.

Why?

Um, let's see. 

Corn mazes.  Halloween.  Apple cider.  Candy. 

Oh.

And the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

(Yes, I am aware that this is many, many years before my time.  Who cares?)

The first time I went to see the RHPS live was in 2010.  My friend Jen and I decided it would be something crazy and weird and (hopefully) fun to do over Halloween weekend.  I bought my first pair of black boots, a RHPS shirt (which I still have), and some dark gothish make up.  We dressed up as punk and rock, and were on our way.  We picked up some candy at Safeway on the way.

Waiting in line was awesome.  There were so many weirdos!  And they were all great and friendly.  There was loud music; at one point the cops were called for a noise complaint.  The guys moderating the line turned the music down until the cops were gone, then cranked it again. 

Jen and I each got these lipstick V's on our foreheads because it was our first time.  We lost our RHPS virginity with a ton of other people (it was fabulous) and threw toilet paper at some poor guy during the "Great Scott!" scene.

It was awesome.

I've taken Katie and Trev to see it once, but Katie was sick and wasn't able to fully enjoy it.  We've been talking at length about whether or not they would want to see it again or try again.  The overall consensus was yes.  Yes, we want to do it again.  And again.  And again.

And so, I got us tickets to go for Halloween this year!

It'll be me, Trev, Katie, and her bf, Jim.  We have plans for Waffle House afterwords, which will be great. 

So very excited. :)

Time to pull out my black makeup.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment