Monday, October 7, 2013

Costume Time

Hi there, dear readers.

So you know in the last post I mentioned that we're going to Rocky Horror?

I forgot to mention - Katie and I are dressing up for it.

She's been working on a Columbia outfit for a while now.  We took a trip to our local Savers (only like the best thrift shop ever) to try to finish it off.  Cute shoes, a flash of yellow over a silver top, some red tights, and short shorts.  All she needs is a glitzy bow tie and a mini hat, and she is set.

(And, I might add, it's a mighty good Columbia outfit.  She tried it all on together Saturday and it is perfect!)

I was thinking I was just going to dress goth with what I have.  Two fold reason.  1.) I am dead broke for a while and can't afford a costume, and 2.) as a plus sized woman, it can be hard to find something that doesn't look horrible or stupid.  Shopping is hard sometimes, ok?

But Savers was awesome.  Katie and I actually got to talking with one the employees (who was wearing a killer Robin Hood costume); turns out, she used to be Magenta in the performance we go to. 

Now, Magenta is the character I've been fantasizing about being for a while now.  A fun maid outfit (which was actually, I found out, a long button down tee shirt with maid accessories over top) and crazy hair and who wouldn't love pairing up with Riff-Raff?

As a plus sized gal, though, maid outfits kinda suck. 

Not this time.

The gal at Savers showed me the cutest maid outfit for plus sized women.  Bonus moment - it was under 20 bucks.   Katie had me try it on - it totally fit perfectly - and bought it for me, cause she is just that awesome.  I plan on pairing it with my black boots and some fishnets.

Awesomsauce.

I get to finally be Magenta!!

What about Jim and Trev?  I can hear you asking.

Well.  Jim is planning on dressing like a girl.  Trev is going to do his impersonation of Mr. Plinkett, the crazy movie reviewer from Red Letter Media.

(I know, I know.  I wanted him to be Riff-Raff too.  Ah well.  At least he Time Warps, lol.)

It is going to be a bundle of crazy fun.  I will have pictures when it's all said and done. :)

Happy Monday, readers!

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment