Friday, October 4, 2013

Snow (Hey Oh)

Hi there, my dear readers.

Yes.  The title of this blog is the title of one of my favorite Red Hot Chili Pepper songs.  (I love those guys.  Seriously.  Great music.  I'm listening to it as I write this, btw.  You should listen too.)

(On a total side note here, I still remember the first time I heard this song.  It was the first Easter we were in Colorado and I was getting ready for sunrise service while watching VH1, cause we actually had cable at the time and why not.  This song came on and I broke out in chills from head to toe.  Hot. Damn.  Great chords, great words, and a hot lead singer.  Thus it began....)

Anyway.

There is snow today. 

I've been up since like 6am, doing homework, drinking Earl Grey tea with sweet cream (if you have never tried it, I highly recommend you do - I've been looking for a coffee alternative and this fits the bill), and watching it snow.

We've already gotten more than the weather people expected.  So I'm not sure what that means as for the rest of the day.  But this is our first snowfall of the year, so anything could happen.

I feel like our first snow is kind of late.

 I mean, I love the autumn weather more than anything.  I really do.  I love the blustery winds and golden trees and crisp sunshine that invites me to do homework and knitting outside.  And snow and I have this serious love/hate relationship; I love it as long as I don't have to go out into it.  The minute I have to go outside, I basically hate it.

But I've seen snow come here in September.

So it feels like it should have happened already.

As much as I complain about snow, I really don't think it's all bad.  It's where we get our drinking water.  It's important to the environment out here.

And while Colorado rocks in a lot of regards, this is one of the best: it snows one day then it's 70 degrees and sunny the next.

Seriously.

So while it's all wet and snowy today, it'll be beautiful tomorrow.

I'll be back to sitting under my trees on campus by Monday.

Happy Friday, all.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment