Tuesday, May 27, 2014

6 AM

Hey there, my dear readers.

Right now, it's 6:14 am.  (Don't you just love how I'm updating at strange hours now?  Although, I guess this isn't really that strange.  When I worked bagel hell and retail, both required me to get up between 3 and 4 in the morning...)

Anyway, it's 6 in the morning and I've been up since 4:30.  Why?

My stupid throat.

So a week and a half ago, I had strep throat really bad.  Like, I missed one of my finals and had to make it up because I was so sick.  And at 4:30 this morning, two things happened.

1. I realized I slept for six glorious hours without waking up, which is huge.

And

2. My throat feels almost exactly how it did a week and a half ago.

Which means that even though I've finished my antibiotic, there's a chance it didn't get it all.  This is kind of scary.  I hate being sick, so that sucks.  And I really hate having to go back to the doctor's office.

But more importantly, I spent the night Sunday with my immune deficient friend Dorothy and stayed with her yesterday morning while she was getting her infusion.  This is not good.  I do not want to have exposed her.  Because her immune system is so compromised, even a cold can be bad.

I sent her a text kind of letting her know.  In about an hour, I'm going to have my mom give me a second opinion and then I'm just going to go from there.

Ugh ugh ugh.

I think this whole not sleeping thing is probably not great.  I am thrilled that I slept for six hours, but I really wish I could have slept longer.  I think it will get better when I get used to Trev being out of town; he's been gone a week and won't be back until the middle of next month.  So really, the sooner I get used to that, the better.

Also, I think cutting booze out again for a while might help.  I had a long island iced tea last night and I think that it might be part of the reason I slept for six hours.  But I also think it's the reason I didn't sleep longer.  Alcohol is funny when it mixes with me.  Most people sleep well when they drink.  It usually has the opposite effect in my case; I have a tendency towards sleeplessness when I drink.

Ah well.

And there you have it, early morning rambles.  I may update later depending on how the next few hours go.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment