Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Wild Blog Post Appears


Hey there, my dear readers.

I was going to put in an extra Pokemon joke about using something and it being highly effective, but I am too sleep deprived at the moment to do so.

I finally finished my semester.  I got major sick the week of finals.  I went in to see the doctor that Wed and had strep throat, an ear infection, and a fever of 102 degrees F.  I had to miss my stats final due to it and make it up last Monday.

And even with wanting to set the entire place on fire, even with all the whining and angst and awful professors, I somehow managed to pass everything.  My lowest grade was in Chemistry (big surprise there) and it was a C.

I know.

I was (and am) completely shocked.

But it's over and I'm on summer break now.  And when I go back, it's all English and Lit classes with a math class for educators.

I can't wait to become a teacher.  What better way to change the way things are?  Children are the future; it's time to teach them to think for themselves.  I'm excited to do that, one class of 8th graders at a time.

Trev is out of town.  I always forget how hard it is to adjust to him being gone.  The bed feels weird on his side.  I've actually put a ton of my stuff over there to fill the space.  And it's strange not having him here when I come home and what not.  It's just me and mom most nights, with dad home when he's not working.

To top it off, we've had an insane amount of weather around here.  There have been tornado warnings every day this week; at one point, five touched down by where my little sis goes to school.  She had to take cover.  Dad also had to take cover at one point this week at work.

So with Trev being out of town and the weather being so nuts, my sleep has become weird.  As I type this, it's nearly 1 am.  I'm normally, when Trev is home and everything is calm, asleep by 11 at the very latest.  And get this - I slept til 10 this morning.

(I guess that's technically yesterday morning...)

Everything is off.  Depression is making itself very well known again, which drives me crazy.  I didn't forget you, depression.  Nor did I forget your cousin, anxiety, who I am sure will be making a visit at some point again.

So what am I to do?

I've been watching a ridiculous amount of Netflix, actually.  I discovered this show on there I really like called FreakShow.  It follows this group of people who work at the Venice Beach FreakShow and it's amazing.  One of the guys on there deals with social anxiety, which I can totally relate to.  It's just awesome - everything has meaning and you get to see some seriously sick acts.

(I feel so ridiculous struggling to swallow pills after watching what they swallow...)

I watched the entire first season of the show (which is all Netflix has for now) in two days and have basically rewatched it since.

This is probably not good.

The other thing I did this week was make my own set of runes.

I have a set that I carry around in a knitted bag.  They are my first set that I got at the bookstore to learn about rune throwing and how everything works.  I love reading runes and it's pretty accurate, so I decided to make my own personalized set.

They are pretty cool.  I made them from clay and a paint pen.  I also got a wooden box to carry them in that I decorated.  The colors are, interestingly enough, our future wedding colors: emerald green and gold.




I really do like how they turned out.  And they are really good for my readings.  My goal is to get to a place where I'm spot on with my runes and can maybe turn them into something to do for profit.  We'll see.  I'm also developing an interest in tarot, but we'll have to see if I decide to go into it as well.  It could turn out that runes are enough.

For now, though, I love them and I love doing readings with them.  :)

Alright, my readers.  I am losing my ability to type well.  I think this means I need to try to sleep.

Be good to each other; I'll try to come back soon.

~Meaghan


No comments:

Post a Comment