Thursday, May 8, 2014

So I Joined This Thing

Today is an interesting day.  My period from hell is here and so I skipped school to stay at home and rest.

I'm now going to use this resting at home with icky feels as a time to tell you guys about this thing I joined.

It's called Hogwarts is Here and it's found here.  It's neat.  It's this online, free thing based on the Harry Potter book series.

Basically, you can register for and take these online classes that are based on the stuff taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  It's really neat.

I'm in Ravenclaw and I'm only taking two courses due to my muggle education.  (That's the deal; real college comes first, always.)  I'm in Herbology (which I'm pretty sure I just messed up the midterm for) and Defense Against the Dark Arts.

The classes are similar to the ones I'm paying to take at my university in that there are essays and tests.  I'm learning I actually should start taking notes for them.  Which I'll probably do over the summer.

What I really like is that you don't have to take courses to be a student.  You can just hang out if you want.  And when you take courses, it's basically on your own time.  Like, I can pick and choose how many I take.  This means it doesn't mess with real school and it gives me a way to keep my brain sharp during the summer.

Anyway, you guys should check it out.  I'm on there under Birdie Corvus and as I said before, I picked Ravenclaw.  I just started a dorm, so if you want to join a dorm in Ravenclaw, it's 20549. :)

And now, I'm off to lay down with Netflix.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment