Monday, May 26, 2014

I Might Be a Bit Strange Today

But that is okay, my dear readers.  I have literally been drinking since 2 pm today.  So nearly five hours of wine and beer.

Why?

Because my little sister turned 21 today.

Ask me how this makes me feel.

Anyway.

It's been a pretty good day.  Lots of wine, lots of beer, lots of food and fun.  If this blog seems disjointed, we can safely say it's because I don't drink too often due to money and liver.  So tolerance is low.

I stayed over at my friend Dorothy's last night so I could help with her infusion today.  She has cable at the home she's at (she's living with another friend at this point, and it's a pretty great situation that's allowing her to heal) and so I got her hooked on that show I discovered via Netflix, Freakshow.

Can I just take a moment to express how awesome it was to get her into it?

We watched all of season 2 that's been shown so far.  We both love Asia, Morgue, and Creature.  It was really fun.  The best part was when Morgue drilled a screw into his nasal cavity.  I love watching that kind of stuff, so I was pretty engrossed.  From beside me on the couch, I heard Dorothy go "Oh Morgue, don't..." and when I looked over, she had her face in her hands.

It was hilarious; Dorothy is one of these people who isn't afraid of blood and needles and whatever else, but this freaked her out a bit.

I am pleased to report that her infusion went well this morning.  The friend she's staying with was out of town with family, so that's why I was asked to come over.  Dorothy has been doing a lot better lately.  The icky shadow of death has finally lifted.  While she's over her meningitis, it's changed her headaches so that they are now full spinal and she's been told that those won't ever go away, which sucks.

But over all, she's doing well and I am glad.

The sleep over was interesting.  I haven't been sleeping well since Trev's been out of town (which has only been a week - three more to go) and I really don't sleep well in unfamiliar places.  So I had the weather channel on and was watching stuff about tornadoes until 4 am.

The fun part about it was that there is a goldfish tank at the end of the couch where I was sleeping.  At 4 am, I discovered that I could lure all the goldfish to my corner of the tank with my foot.  It think it was the fact that I was wearing my atom socks and the neon green was luring them in.  It felt like I was hypnotizing the goldfish.

At that point, I decided I should try to sleep.

My sister, Katie, has had a pretty good day, drinking and hanging out with family.  Her fiance also came with her for the day.  (I'm still trying to come to terms with that, but it's for a different blog.)  Mom grilled and we had angel food cake.  I gave her a pair of socks I made her and some shooters, which she did while I was trying to take a nap.

(The sleep never came.  I am literally at this point running off booze, sugar, and about three and a half hours of sleep.)

Katie brought Rock Band over, so we played that for a bit.  Now she's just hanging out with her fiance and my parents, which is good.  I love my sister a ton.  She's one of my best friends and I feel so thankful to have her in my life.  We're going to be taking her to dinner shortly.

Speaking of which, I have just been informed that I need to get ready to go.

Have a really great night and a great rest of your holiday, my dear readers.  Until the next time.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment