Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tomorrow and Beyond

I've been a bit of a wreck, truth be told my readers.  Granted, today I am more calm about the procedure.

Yesterday though.  Geez.

I think my problem was that I looked up the pain factor for the liver biopsy.  Never do that.  For reals.

Here is what I know:

1. I know I have to be awake for the procedure because if I breathe when they insert the needle, they may puncture my lung.

2. I know I can expect to be very sore for the following week afterwards.

3. I know I'm going to be jacked up on drugs tomorrow before they do the thing.  From what I've been told, I will basically just not care. About anything.  (Which sounds a lot like being invincible or what depression did to me a few years ago.)

4. I know that this will be okay.

5. I know my mom and fiance will be there.

Beyond these things, I do not know really what to expect.

I can't dwell on it though.  Gotta power through.

Besides, I have chemistry homework due on Wed.  Can't let this slow me down.

So let me tell you some of the good and interesting things that have been going on in my life.  Because while this deal with my liver has been a bummer factor, it has not been the only thing.

Trev took me to dinner last night.  We went to Red Robin, the place we've been going to frequently since we started dating back in 2011.  We laughed and had a good time.  After the food, we went to the bookstore to try to figure out where to start for comic books.

I really, really love super hero movies.  I have since I discovered Watchmen back in 2009 and it grew when I was introduced to them by Trev in the start of our relationship.  There's just something so great about having awesome villains and powerful heroes.  Or, like in Watchmen, when the heroes really aren't heroes.  Anyway.  I want to start reading the comics (the only one I've ever read was Watchmen, and that was before the movie came out) because I think it'll be a great way to learn more about the characters I love.  So we went to the bookstore to try to see a good starting place for me.

It was great.

My knitting has been going well.  I finished my first pair of socks for the new year today.  The yarn is called Atom by String Theory Colorworks and it's great - purple, neon green, and grey, separated by strips of black.

I did have to quit my violin lessons again.  With everything going on, I just don't feel I have time for it right now.  I'm kinda sad about it, but I know that eventually I'll be able to go back to it.

School is going well overall, I think.  Chemistry is confusing as all get out, but besides that, I feel like I'm doing well.  I'm still pretty happy with my major.  Although, if I were to get an extra B.S., I'm realizing I would totally get on in aerospace engineering.  The stars fascinate me.  Space fascinates me.  While I know my calling is nature and Earth, a part of me (maybe it's a part we all have, actually) draws me towards the sky and unknown.

Beyond that, I think things are good.  Things are interesting.

(Speaking of interesting, I keep running into this guy on campus I had a crush on in community college before I met Trev.  You wanna talk weird.  It's been like three years.  Why now?)

So yeah.

Gotta survive the liver biopsy tomorrow and everything will be okay.

Please send me positive vibes, my dear sweet readers.  It is very much appreciated.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment