Monday, March 24, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hey readers!

I really am trying to update daily again.  Honestly, I am. Yesterday got crazy busy, though, so you may have noticed that there was no post for it.

Fiance and I were helping a friend of ours move, the same friend who is getting her first round of blood transfusions done today.  We made so many trips yesterday and it took most of the day.  Very exhausting.  And emotionally exhausting too, because that's what happens when you spend upwards of six hours with someone.

I am very happy to report that she is settled in her new place.  It's the basement of a friend's house, but it's a good basement and a good friend and really, a good place to start new.  She is in much better spirits about the treatment and we are all hopeful that she won't die, but rather heal.

Today I am having lunch with my sister when she gets her school lunch break.  I miss her so much, it's not even funny.  I thought I would feel better about her moving out than I do.  The thing about sisters is that they kind of are like best friends - you can tell them anything, go on adventures, gossip, etc.

We weren't really close as kids.  There's a three year age gap, which isn't a problem now, but I think up until we were like 14 and 11, it was present.  I'm the oldest and I was always trying to do my own thing and yeah.  But moving changed everything and over the past probably ten years we've become really close.

So I'm pretty excited to go have lunch with her today. :)

Then tonight, one of my friends and I are going out for Mexican food.  It'll be nice to have some time to catch up and not worry about things and have a nice drink for the first time since July (thanks, liver!) because I can.  Sangritas and enchiladas, here I come.  And catching up is going to rock too, since both of us have been crazy busy since Christmas.

I've been learning some cool stuff recently too, about mythology and the pantheon of Gods and Goddesses and whatnot, but I'm not quite ready to share that yet.  Be prepared, though, because that might be a blog in the near future.

And now, I'm going to knit a bit and have a V8, because I am totally addicted to those right now.

Happy Monday, readers!

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment