Monday, March 24, 2014

St. Brigid Update

Hey again, readers!

(How about this, you get a second blog post in the same day! It's like I didn't miss yesterday at all!)

(That was a lot of exclamations.  My bad.)

So here it is, the St. Brigid update that I've been promising for ages.  Really, it was because I've been having trouble getting good pictures of it.  And I still feel like these pictures are kind of bad, because they were taken with my phone camera.

(Every time I use flash, it makes the stitches blanch out in a sea of green, so I have been taking them in the dark.  And they're kind of fuzzy.  Bear with me, please.)

A little pale, but those cables are so beautiful.  So worth the effort.


She's coming along pretty well over all.  I'm halfway through the second repeat of the pattern.  I need to repeat it ten times total for the back, so this is slow but sure progress.

This picture shows the true color better.

Cables drive me nuts but are so beautiful that it's worth it.

It's definitely not a sweater I can work on when watching TV.  Like, all my concentration goes into it.  But I love how it's turning out.  I took it up a needle size because I am a pretty big gal.  So far, I'm still on my first ball of yarn, but that will probably change soon.

The yarn is Cascade 22 in Hunter Green, a color I have been drawn to for ages.  

Interesting story about the yarn, actually.

So, a few years ago, I went to a yarn store with my friend Kristine for the first time.  I didn't have any projects in mind, but I wanted some of this Cascade stuff because it was so nice feeling and looking.  So I bought three skeins of it - one pink, one purple, and one green.

Fast forward to when I was ordering the yarn for St. Brigid back in January.  I found this green online and absolutely loved it.  So I bought it.

When it came in, I took it back to my yarn stash, thinking it looked familiar.  So on a whim, I compared it to the green I had bought back at the yarn store in 2010 or so.  

It's the exact same color.

If that isn't destiny telling me that I am supposed to knit this sweater in this green, then I don't know what is.

(And yeah, I hold on to stash yarn for long periods of time.  Doesn't everybody?)

Alright, so there's the Brigid update.

Off to do more rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment