Saturday, March 29, 2014

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Hey readers.

Remember me telling you about my friend Dorothy?  How she has to get blood transfusions and felt like there was a shadow over her?  Like she might die?

Well, she's in the hospital right now.

She has meningitis.  We won't know til later today if it's viral or bacterial, but I do know that it is very serious.

She has no immune system.  She is not allowed to have visitors because it's so contagious.  And her parents are coming up from Texas.

That last statement is enough to concern me.

The friend she's staying with is keeping me in the loop, as is Dorothy's husband.  (When he called yesterday, he didn't sound good.  I asked if he needed anything and the first thing he said was "more time".)

It is not lost on me that she entered the hospital the same weekend my grandmother did last year.  Grandma entered on a Friday and died on Easter Monday.  The anniversary is Tuesday, the 1st.

I am sad and afraid.

I do not want this to go bad.

I want her to heal and get better.

Dorothy is one of my best friends.  She introduced me to my fiance, she has always had my back, she's always been a sounding board, she's always helped my family.  Need a ride to the hospital?  Got it.  Need a shoulder to cry on?  Got it.  And so on.

Fucking spring.  I thought I could survive you.  Why this?

So good energy, prayers, and whatever healing vibes you can spare would be appreciated it.  For all of us.

Thank you, readers.

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment