Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Break!!

It's here, it's here!

I am crazy happy that spring break has finally made it.  And the weather today is beautiful and warm and breezy and exactly what I want from a day of spring.

Which, interestingly enough, today is the first day of spring.  At least, it is if you're in the U.S.  If you're on the other side of the date line, this happened for you yesterday.

(We're learning about date lines and all sorts of stuff in my maps class.  It's causing me to think about how the time zones and international date line and all that fun stuff makes time so irrelevant in a way. )

So, I've been watching this really awesome show.  It's called Cosmos and is based on the original show by Carl Sagan.  The current one is hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and it's brilliant.  I love it.  And if you haven't seen it, I seriously encourage you to check it out, my dear readers.  It is worth the hour or two of your time.

This is why I do science.  This reminds me of that.

(And kind of makes me wish I was going into Astro Physics instead of Environmental Science.  I am connected to the earth, but my love of space exploration will always be present.  Seriously, I still have the telescope I got when I was in second grade.  The stars will always have a piece of my heart.)

Ah, it feels so good to not be stressed out right now.

This is the first day this week that I haven't felt the overwhelming sadness of late.  It's the first day that the sad sad music isn't the only thing that makes sense, that fanfiction is more fun than obsessive, that I laughed more than anything else.  I felt so good I was even able to knit on the train ride home.

This is good.  This is progress.  This is the sadness backing off and me enjoying the sun again.  I can not express how wonderful that feels.

Still feeling odd feelings about things, though.  Like about getting married next year and stuff.  But I think that goes with the fact that I am so young.  I have been told it's normal, and I'm okay with this.  And I think some of it might be the sadness talking as well.  So I really need to stop listening to it.

Plans for break?

Muppet movie, homework, kicking back, maybe going for drinks (not drunk - wallet and liver can't handle that), and maybe bowling.  Laying low, mostly.

And now, off to relax with some Poptarts. =D

~Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment