Saturday, March 22, 2014

How About Hugs?

Hey there, readers.

So yesterday, the Meaghan Hulk got out a bit and we had that fun and somewhat serious post about people and things I want to punch in the face. (Can I just mention that my fiance was - and still is - horrified that I want to punch Owen Wilson?  I regret nothing.)

As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking (because that's when all the good thoughts come, you know) about how maybe I should write a list post of all the people and things I want to hug instead.  As contrast.  Might not be as funny, but it would balance out the Karma scales a bit.  Yeah?

(And really, Cancer is mostly predominant with me, so hugging is more of a natural response.  Actually, burying my head in the sand and waiting for the danger to pass is the most natural response for me, but I don't think you want to see my tush in the air.  Ahem.  That got off track fast.)

So here it is.  Also, lets assume these are people outside the real of normal hugging people - like, I would hug my friends and family all the time, so they aren't on here because it's a given.

Ahem.

Birdgirl90's List of People and Things She Wants to Hug:

~Everyone on the punch list (because hugs between punching would be hysterical and meaningful)

~Tom Hiddleston (because damn, no explanation needed)

~Loki (because he's like seriously misunderstood and has adoption issues and his mom is dead and he could seriously use a good hug)

~David Bowie

~Studio Ghibli (my life would not be complete without Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, or Kiki's Delivery Service, to name a few)

~Diana Wynne Jones

~Neil Gaiman

~Yu-Gi-Oh! the anime (because it gave me something to hold onto when I was a teenager)

~Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series

~Tumblr (because it's so fun and awesome)

~Wes Anderson (because he makes good movies even if I sometimes feel too dumb to understand them)

~Jonathan Larson (because RENT is my favorite musical and it's so meaningful and his life was cut so short)

~The cast of RENT

~Bill Murray

~The person who created bagels

~Bagels

~Coffee

~Chocolate

~P!nk  (because girl power and rock abilities and the fact that her music is so powerful)

~Pandora Radio (for making train rides less lonely and tedious when I'm having a bad day)

~Passenger (because they write great music but all the music is sad, so they must need a hug)

~Coldplay (for writing my favorite song of all time, Clocks)

~The Beatles (I listened to them nonstop when I was 13)

~Adrien Brody

~Gene Rodenberry (Star Trek for the win)

~Zachary Quinto

~Zoe Saldana

~Jim Henson (because muppets and childhood and Kermit)

~The Yarn Harlot (for making knitting cool and being totally relatable in her blog and books)

~Whoever made this video (I still feel like comic book Thor and He-Man are one and the same)

~Neil Cicierega (for Lemon Demon and Potter Puppet Pals and everything else he's done)

~Severus Snape

~Alan Rickman (because)

~Gary Oldman (who I never know is Gary Oldman until the credits)

~Christian Bale (Batman to the max)

~Batman (another guy with parent issues who really needs a hug)

~Chocolate brownies from the oven

~Whoever created cake/cookie/hot dessert in a mug from the microwave

~Neil DeGrasse Tyson (who inspires me to continue in my field)

~All the Women in Science (it's a long list, including but not limited to Marie Curie, Sally Ride, and all the rest)

~Gloria Steinem (because I need feminism)

~Macklemore (because he's Macklemore)

~People who don't throw Frozen in my face

~The Disney Studios animation department (look at Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and the Hunchback of Notre Dame and tell me the animation isn't gorgeous)

~Disney in general (because childhood and meaning and happy endings that the real world doesn't always offer)

~Martha Stewart

~Marion Bradley Zimmer (because the Mists of Avalon will always resonate with me)

~J.R.R. Tolkien

~Stephen Spielberg

~Vivaldi (I'm a classical violinist, he's a given)

~Mozart (gotta love his stuff)

~Tchaikovsky

~Fanfiction (for giving me a happy place when I'm upset)

~Yarn stores (if you have never been inside one, you are missing out)

~Sheep (cause I can)

~The person who discovered knitting

~Knitting (goodbye stress)

~This blog

~Everyone who reads this blog


So there it is.  Probably not as funny as the first, but it all can't be hilarious entertainment.

Have a hug, my reader.

~Meaghan








No comments:

Post a Comment