Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Nearly Done! Also, Question.

Remember that beautiful stuff from Kristine I was spinning?

I got it plyed. 






Now the twist is setting.

This picture was taken when it was hanging this morning in the shower.

My boyfriend went to take a shower and came out with the saddest expression on his face, asking why I do this to him.  Which made me laugh, cause he knows I'm a crazy Knitter.  We moved it to a towel rack to finish drying.  All should be well.

Isn't it beautiful?  I love how it's turned out so far.

Here's my question for you guys:  What should I make with it? 

I currently have 55 yards.  There's some fleece I still need to spin up, so I think at most it'll be maybe 100 yards max when it's done.  (I'll let you know when I'm done spinning the rest.)

I kinda want to make a hat, but I'm not sure if I have enough.  Thoughts?

Thank you!

~Birdie

1 comment:

  1. You probably don't have enough to make a hat. What you could do, though, is knit the bottom of a hat with the handspun, and then find a commercial yarn that goes with it to knit the rest of the hat. Or you could do stripes. You could also knit a headband/earwarmer. I would say to look at patterns for bulky-weight yarn (something similar to the stuff you spun) and see how many yards they require.

    Although this doesn't help you with your yardage issue, there's a book called _Spin Control_ by Amy King. It's mostly for wheel spinning, but it has some good information on fiber preparations, and also measuring your yarn and determining what needle size to use.

    ReplyDelete