Sunday, January 13, 2013

I've Decided to Do a Knitting Blog.

Hello there, dear readers.

Some of you may know me from my other blog.  Some of you may be new.  All of you are welcome. :)

Today I decided I wanted to start a knitting blog.  Nothing too fancy, just a place where I can join all of you virtual crafters.  After all, isn't that one of the benefits of the internet?

So.  Why knitting?  Why a blog?

I love to knit.  I am passionate about yarn.  I also happen to like words.  (As a writing grad, I suppose that would make sense.)  And I love to read other knitting blogs, such as the Yarn Harlot and Yarnagogo.  Both of these women have made me realize that I am not alone in the sphere.  And so, here we are. 

The title for this blog comes from one of my favorite sayings by Rumi.  It inspires me to do the best I can at what I love, and to trust that it will work out.  So far, so good.

I think this is a good place to introduce myself.  My name is Meaghan, but please, call me Birdie.  I love and collect owls - my boyfriend swears he's going to wake up as an owl one day due to this.  I knit like crazy and I love to create my own patterns.  I'm a college grad and I live at home with my parents, little sister, and boyfriend.

 
This is me, in my first hand knitted sweater. :)



Why do I love to knit, you ask? 

I love to create.  I love color.  I get bored.  I need my hands occupied or I eat too much chocolate and can't sit through movies with my boyfriend.

The goal with this blog is to share yarns, both the ones I'm creating and the ones in my life.  It won't always be neat, it won't always make sense, but it should be fun.

Welcome aboard. :)

~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment